Nursing Departmental Honors is an opportunity for students to delve deeper into the nursing curriculum and areas within nursing they would like to learn more about, providing an unparalleled academic experience on campus and throughout the Detroit area.
Nursing Honors requirements
- Graduate with a minimum cumulative university GPA of 3.5
- Complete an Honors Seminar course (HON 42XX)
- Fulfill requirements outlined in
Steps to earning Nursing Honors
- Meet with your Academic Service Officer to discuss and declare your major as Nursing Honors (NURH).
- Develop a plan and select the semesters and courses in which you intend to fulfill your Honors requirements
- Students will pair Honors 1, Honors 2 and Honors 3 requirements with three separate nursing courses (specified within each honors section) and complete them in conjunction with the listed instructor.
- For every course you intend to fulfill Honors requirements, you must complete an Honors Option Form.
- Honors Option Forms allow students to earn Honors credit in undergraduate courses.
- Be mindful of the due dates for each semester listed on the form and be sure to have your course instructor sign them.
- Make an appointment with an advisor in the Irvin D. Reid Honors College to discuss options for the Honors Seminar (HON 42XX) course requirement. If you have any questions, you may call the Honors College at 313-577-3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will receive overrides for Honors Seminar course from an Honors College advisor.
Director of Undergraduate Nursing Programs
Erik Carter PhD, MS, ACNS-CCNS, CCRN-K, PHN
BSN Recruiter and Academic Services Officer - Prospective Students
Amanda Palma, MSEd, prospective students for all BSN pathways
BSN Academic Services Officers - Current Students
Gregory Sikora Mowers, MEd, current Traditional BSN, BSN Direct Admit for Freshmen students
Felicia Grace, EdD, current BSN Second Career/Degree, BSN for Veterans, and RN to BSN students