Terminal objectives/learning outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide advance practice nursing care to individuals, families, and/or populations that is ethical and science-based.
- Develop and initiate new innovative practice approaches based on theories from nursing and other disciplines.
- Analyze, synthesize and evaluate accessibility and quality of care across diverse, underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Utilize the determinants of health for individuals and/or aggregates/communities for diverse, underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Critically appraise, disseminate and translate science to advance the quality and accessibility of care.
- Demonstrate advanced clinical investigative competencies to evaluate clinical outcomes and systems of care.
- Use information technology in design, selection, use and evaluation of programs to advance the accessibility of care.
- Critically appraise, disseminate and translate innovative technological advancement to improve the quality and accessibility of care.
- Demonstrate leadership in communication and collaborative skills as agents of change that improves accessibility to quality health care for diverse, underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Analyze emerging clinical patterns and develop delivery approaches to care that deals with complex problems within the practice settings, health care organizations, and communities.
- Shape the health care policy debate.