The Master of Science in Nursing program prepares nurses for advanced practice either as a nurse practitioner or nurse-midwife in the care of culturally diverse individuals, families and groups within a variety of health care settings, with an emphasis on the challenges facing urban populations.
Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate nursing degree from a National League for Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited program with a minimum 3.0 GPA. A transcript/credential evaluation is required for all international transcripts.
Step 1: Apply to Wayne State University
Step 2: Submit supplemental materials
Upon applying to the Wayne State University Graduate School, applicants must provide the following supplemental materials:
- Professional competence as documented by three references.
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse (RN) licensure. Out-of-state or international students must submit current RN license with application, and after admission must submit Michigan licensure within two semesters. All applicants educated outside of the United States must be certified by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) to obtain Michigan licensure.
- A personal statement of goals for graduate study.
- If the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required, the minimum total score required is 101 (minimum 25 Listening, 25 Reading, 25 Writing and 26 Speaking). Or, students can submit IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores, with a required minimum overall score greater than 7 (minimum of 8 in Speaking, minimum of 7 in Writing, and greater than 7 in Reading and Listening).
- For information on program costs, please refer to the WSU tuition and fees schedule.
Each of the clinical specialties may have additional requirements.
Step 3: Accept your offer and watch your email
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to WSU and the College of Nursing via email. Once you have accepted your offer, keep an eye on your Wayne State email for information about registration, start of classes and more.
|Semester||Deadline for completed application|