Mission, vision and values
The mission of the Wayne State University College of Nursing is to create and translate knowledge and to educate a diverse student body prepared to excel as clinicians, scholars and leaders who improve health in local and global communities.
The College of Nursing will be the leader in nursing research and education, known for our commitment to and impact on urban health.
The College of Nursing commits to the values of Wayne State University. While our vision and mission show where we want to go, our values guide us on the way. Our values bind us culturally and permeate our strategic and tactical initiatives. They are the defining traits of the Wayne State community.
- Collaboration: When we work together, drawing upon various talents and perspectives, we achieve better results.
- Integrity: We keep our word, live up to our commitments, and are accountable to ourselves and each other.
- Innovation: We are unafraid to try new things and learn by both failure and success.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality outcomes in everything we do.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value all people and understand that their unique experiences, talents and perspectives make us a stronger organization and better people.
Adopted by WSU College of Nursing Faculty Association on September 16, 2015.