Financial aid and scholarships
Several resources for financial assistance are available to College of Nursing students.
New and returning students
All financial aid/scholarship applicants must complete and submit:
This must be done each year to be considered for financial aid and/or scholarships. The deadline to submit is 5 p.m. March 1. All financial aid decisions will be made by May 1.
- Scholarships and/or loans are awarded in compliance with applicable funding agencies' regulations, guidelines and/or criteria.
- The college's Financial Aid Committee is responsible for selecting scholarship, loan or traineeship recipients, with the most qualified applicants selected first. The two primary criteria are:
- Ability to be successful as a student (e.g. GPA, higher achiever)
- Financial need as determined by the FAFSA
Nursing Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
The federally funded Nursing Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) can make graduate school more affordable for students planning to become full-time teaching nursing faculty. Graduates with NFLP loans who accept and maintain a full-time faculty position at any U.S. accredited school of nursing could have up to 85% of their loan forgiven.
A student who wishes to be considered for a NFLP loan must:
- Complete and submit the university AcademicWorks application
- Complete the online College of Nursing NFLP application; the link will open in October and close March 1 each year.
- Submit a completed FAFSA. (NFLP loans are not need-based; however, a completed FAFSA is part of the federal approval process for this program)
Continuing students and new students must submit these items by by 5 p.m. on March 1.
If you would like more information regarding financial aid and scholarships, please call the Office of Student Affairs at 313-577-4082.