Terminal objectives/learning outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
Develop the science
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the design, conduct, and analysis of studies in nursing and urban health
- Create knowledge within an area important to the science of nursing and urban health.
- Disseminate scholarly work to professional and lay audiences.
- Conduct original research with an urban health focus.
Steward the profession
5. Advance nursing science by formulating theories, and conducting research that informs health policy and practice.
6. Lead in advancing the discipline of nursing.
7. Provide professional and research mentorship to others.
Educate the next generation
8. Contribute to the formal and informal education of future nurses and nurse leaders.