Mary Anne McCoy, Ph.D., RN, ACNS, ACNP-BC
Tuesday 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-3 p.m. and by appointment.
- Diploma in Nursing - Henry Ford Hospital School of Nursing
- B.S.N. - Mercy College of Detroit
- M.S.N. - Oakland University
- Ph.D. (Human Ecology, Family Systems) - Michigan State University
- Critical Care practice improvement
- Family and social system theory application in nursing practice
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment
- Complementary health with a focus on practices for health maintenance and prevention of disease.
- Benchmarking nurse practitioner performance as guidelines for practice.
Clinical Area(s) of Expertise
Cardiology and Cardiac surgery, Acute Care evidence based practice initiatives
Franklin, M. & McCoy, M.A. (2017). Transition of care challenges from home to hospital for persons with hypertension. The Nurse Practitioner, Vol 42 (2).
McClelland, M., McCoy, M.A. & Burson, R. (2013). Clinical nurse specialist: Then, now & the future of the profession. Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Practice Nursing.Vol 26 (1), 1-4.
Oliver-McNeil, S., Hickman, L., McCoy, M.A. & George, N. (2013). Potential to improve outcomes: Causes of thirty-day readmission after ICD implantation. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. (28)1, 85-91.
- Point of Care Ultrasound use as a tool to support differential diagnosis.
- Benchmarking NP practice as value added to quality patient care.
- NUR 2030
- NUR 3020
- NUR 4050
- NUR 7030
- NUR 7140
- NUR 7370
- NUR 7130