Applicants are eligible to apply to the B.S.N. for Veterans pathway if they are entering professional nursing for the first time and meet the following criteria:
- Admission to Wayne State University
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester credits and all prerequisites by the end of the winter semester of the year that you intend to apply. Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- All applicants are required to submit the CON secondary application and supplemental application materials (essay and two letters of recommendation (preferably from an RN, physician, or faculty member). Additionally, applicants must submit their Discharge Certificate (DDFm214) or a current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) to verify that they are part of our military/veteran community) by January 31.
- Upload a 200 – 500 word essay that describes any skills, experiences, and personal attributes that you feel make you a good fit for the profession of nursing.
- All prerequisite courses and general education requirements must be satisfied prior to the start of the Spring/Summer semester.
Current WSU students
Current WSU students can apply to the College of Nursing for the B.S.N. for Veterans pathway. An official military transcript (JST or CCAF), if one is not already on file, is required by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
To transfer to the WSU College of Nursing, first apply to Wayne State University. Once accepted, the next step is to apply to the College of Nursing for the B.S.N. for Veterans pathway.
For additional assistance about how to complete the undergraduate application, view:
Official military transcripts
To order the appropriate official military transcript, visit: