Suzanne Billingsley, D.N.P., RN, PMHCNS
Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and by appointment.
D.N. P. - Wayne State University
● D.N.P. - Wayne State University
● M.S.N. (Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing) - Wayne State University
● B.S.N. - Wayne State University
● Diploma in Nursing - Henry Ford Hospital, School of Nursing
● A.N.C.C. - Clinical Specialist in Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
● Licensed in Michigan as a Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatric Nursing
● Nursing students' attitudes and knowledge about substance abuse and addiction
● Nursing students' issues: Stress management with cognitive behavioral strategies, role transition from student to beginning nurse practitioner
● Experiential teaching strategies and the affective domain
Clinical Area(s) of Expertise
● Adult Psychiatric Nursing in Acute Care
● Consultation/Liaison Psychiatric Nursing
● Legal consultation and expert witness experience regarding psychiatric nursing standards of care
Billingsley, S., Collins, A., Miller, M. (2007). Healthy student, healthy nurse: A stress management workshop. Nurse Educator, 32(2), 49-52.
Research co-investigator examining nursing students' attitudes about substance abuse and addiction.
Member of a HRSA grant team incorporating SBIRT training for nursing and social work students.
● NUR 3015 Course Coordinator, Lecturer and Clinical Faculty for Psychiatric Mental Health Nsg.
● NUR 4050 Advanced Medical/Surgical Nursing
● NUR 3010 Medical/Surgical Nursing
● NUR 2010 Physical Assessment
● NUR 3020 Restorative Care of Adults and Elders with Chronic Illness