Linda Lewin PhD, PMHCNS-BC
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Capital University, Columbus, OH, 1971
- Master of Science in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1974
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology and Counseling and Counselor Eduation: University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 2000
- At-risk parents
- Child maltreatment, secondary prevention
P-30: Parenting of young children by women in substance abuse treatment (July, 2010-June, 2012)
- Child-Adolescent Mental Health
- Child maltreatment
N7840 Advanced Practice Nursing: Individuals and Community
Journal Articles (Peer reviewed):
- Lewin, L. & Farkas, K. (In press). Living with loss: Coping and family themes of substance-abusing mothers. Palliative and Supportive Care. *^
- Lewin, L. & Graham, G. (In press). Interpersonal violence: Secondary analysis of the Keep Your Children/Yourself Safe and Secure (KySS) data. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. *
- Sawin, K., Lewin, L., Niederhauser, V., & Brady, M. (In press, available on-line 18 June, 2010). Survey of NAPNAP members' clinical and professional research priorities. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. *
- Lewin, L. & Abdrbo, A., & Burant, C. (2010). Domestic violence in women with serious mental illness involved with child protective services. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 31(2), 128-136. *^
- Lewin, L. & Abdrbo, A. (2009). Mothers with self-reported Axis I diagnoses and child protection. Archives in Psychiatric Nursing, 23, 200-209.*
- Lewin, L. (2008). Shaken baby syndrome. Nursing for Women's Health, 12, 235-239.
- Sawin, K., Butz, A., Brady, M., Gallo, A., Jones, D. Lewin, L. et al. (2008). The development of the NAPNAP research agenda: Priorities for evidence in pediatric practice 2008-2013. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 22, 208-210.*
- Lewin, L. (2007). Sexually transmitted infections in preadolescent children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 21, 153-161.^
- Brady, N. & Lewin, L. (2007). Evidence-based practice in nursing: Bridging the gap between research and practice. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 21, 53-56.
- Lewin, L. (2005). Accessing archives in research. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 19, 329-331.
- Lewin, L. & Dale, J. (2003). Research considerations and children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 17, 268-270.
- Lewin, L. & Bergin, C. (2001). Attachment, depression, and anxiety in nonoffending mothers of child sexual abuse victims. Child Maltreatment, 6, 365-374.*^
- Lewin, L. (2000). Attachment behaviors, depression, and anxiety in nonoffending mothers of child sexual abuse victims. In D. Roth (Ed.), New Research in Mental Health (Office of Program Evaluation and Research, vol.14, pp. 135-146). Columbus, OH: Ohio Department of Mental Health.*
- Lewin, L. (1995). Interviewing the young child sexual abuse victim. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 33, 5-10.
- Lewin, L. (1994). Child abuse: Ethical and legal concerns. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services, 12, 15-18.
- Hurst, J., & Lewin, L. (1993). Polarity analysis in child abuse management. International Journal of Child Abuse and Neglect, 17, 693-696.^
Other journal articles:
- Murry, S., Baker, A., & Lewin, L. (2000). Screening families with young children for child maltreatment potential. Pediatric Nursing, 26, 47-54.*
- Lewin, L., & Oehrtman, S. (1996). Children's conceptions of God. Lutheran Education, 132, 23-30.*
- Lewin, L. (1990). Establishing a relationship with an abused child. Pediatric Nursing, 16, 263- 264.
- Lewin-Walkup, L., & Hendershot, C. (1971). Down on the bayou. Nursing Forum, 2.
- Lewin, L. (1971). Letters from magnolia land. Capital: The University Magazine, 7, 31-36.
- Articles for Mental Health Column in Newark Advocate (1980-1984).
- Koetting, C., Fitzpatrick, J., & Lewin, L. (In revision). Nurse practitioner knowledge of child sexual abuse in children with cognitive disabilities. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. *
- Lewin-Walkup, L. (1974). A concept of crisis. In B. Weaver & J. Hall (Eds.), Nursing of Families in Crisis, pp. 151-157. Philadelphia, PA: J. B. Lippincott.
*data-based article; ^ international