Admission Information - How to Apply
Admission to the BSN Program
Applicants are eligible to apply to the Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program if they are entering professional nursing for the first time and meet the following criteria:
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester credits and all prerequisites
- Completed all prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better
- Have a minimum of 2.5 grade point average in all prerequisite courses
- Grades earned in professional nursing courses will be taken into account
- If the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required, minimum 101 total score (minimum 25 Listening, 25 Reading, 25 Writing and 26 Speaking)
Please note, applications are no longer being accepted for Fall, 2014. Applications are being accepted until March 31, 2015 for the Fall, 2015 semester.
|March 31||Application (online) must be made to both the College of Nursing and Wayne State University (including payment of the $50 application fee)|
|June 1||All prerequisite coursework and documentation must be submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs. (Documents must be received by 5 p.m. on June 1, not postmarked by that date.)|
- Admission is highly competitive and is based on academic performance, especially science coursework
- Transcripts are reviewed for patterns of withdrawals and repeated courses
- Prerequisite repeats are taken into account and can make an applicant less competitive
- Transcripts are reviewed for full-time scholarly achievement and promise of success in a rigorous science-based curriculum
Step 1 - Application to Wayne State University
Unless you are already an undergraduate student at Wayne State University, you must submit an application, University Application, and submit all required documentation to the Admissions Office by the deadlines (apply by March 31st, documentation due June 1st). Documentation will include official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions sent directly from the institution to the Admissions Office. The address and phone number for that office is:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02759
Detroit MI 48202-0759
Step 2 - Application to the College of Nursing (CON)
- Submit an application by March 31.
- Note: If the application window did not open you may have a pop-up blocker installed that is blocking the application from opening. You can hold the CTRL key to allow a window or new link to open OR Add Nursing to your "DO NOT BLOCK" list to prevent this from happening again.
- A $50 application fee is due at the time of application. Documentation will not be reviewed until the fee has been paid. The fee is nonrefundable, so applicants should take care to apply for the appropriate admission year.
- Have official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions sent directly to the CON by June 1.*
- Send official test scores, if applicable, sent directly to the CON by June 1.
- Submit any required WSU test scores (Math Competency) to the CON by June 1.
- All required documentation must be received in the Office of Student Affairs by 5 p.m. on June 1, not postmarked by that date.
College of Nursing
Office of Student Affairs
5557 Cass Avenue
Detroit MI 48202
* All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated by a professional credentialing agency. The agency must then send a course-by-course evaluation report directly to the College of Nursing. Recommended agencies are Educational Credential Evaluators or World Education Services
Step 3 - Monitor Your Personal Page
Once you have paid the College of Nursing Application fee, you will be given a password and ID to access your Personal Page. Monitor your Personal Page for updates on your application. Contact us at email@example.com if you note discrepancies or have questions.