CON Alumni Association
- In Memoriam: Alberta Anna Bowes ('56)
- Professor Margaret Campbell to present end of life lecture
- More News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- OCC ADN to WSU BSN Informational Meeting
- August 14 2014 at 1:00 PMOakland Center - Educational OutreachThe first step in advancing your nursing career is earning your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). The Wayne State University College of Nursing has a long record of successfully preparing students to be leaders in their field, and our graduates consistently pass the state licensure exam (NCLEX-RN) at a rate substantially higher than both the national and Michigan averages. The Oakland Community College ADN to BSN Program is designed for individuals who have received an associate degree in nursing from OCC and want to further their education with a bachelor’s degree from Wayne State. This program allows students to use their ADN credentials to receive a BSN in as little as five semesters with all classes held in Oakland County. Coursework for each cohort begins each fall semester, with the exception of the first cohort which began January 2014.
- Doctoral Program Informational Meeting - PhD & DNP Nursing Programs
- August 18 2014 at 3:00 PMCohnTwo post-baccalaureate doctoral programs in nursing are offered by Wayne State University College of Nursing.The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program prepares highly competent researchers and scholars who will contribute to the body of scientific knowledge in nursing. Students in the program have opportunities to gain in-depth knowledge of nursing theories and develop skills in theory building, research methods, and in cognate disciplines bearing upon the development, transmission, and use of nursing knowledge.The Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is designed to prepare the nurse at an advanced level of nursing science. The program emphasizes the development of the student's capacity to impact the clinical setting as leaders and educators and to utilize clinical research to improve and transform health care.
- More Events
The Wayne State University College of Nursing Alumni Association is composed of graduates, faculty and former students of the College. This group is part of the general Wayne State University Alumni Association, but has its own organization, bylaws, and mission.
The mission of the Wayne State University College of Nursing Alumni Association is to promote the general welfare of the College of Nursing and to establish mutually beneficial relationships and networking between the College of Nursing and its alumni, faculty, nursing students, administration and the Wayne State University Alumni Association.
If you are interested in joining the College of Nursing Alumni Association Board of Directors, contact Dawn Hameister at email@example.com or 313-577-8945.
Members, we need you to volunteer!
The Wayne State University (WSU) College of Nursing (CON) Alumni Association elections take place in May of each year and we will be voting electronically. However, any member of the CON Alumni Association can request a paper ballot from the WSU Alumni Office.